perfectly average student
Normal is best for everything. Normal is awesome.
Tomo is a slacker who's obsessed with being ordinary. He typically sleeps through his classes, or cuts them if he can get away with it, and he doesn't participate in track club despite being a member. Early on, Yuki finds out that Tomo actually is talented, and is only pretending to be average. But why?
This is Tomo's profile as it appears on the official GH2 website, plus some additional basic information.
|voice actor||Eguchi Takuya (江口拓也) ~ other roles|
|year||first year student|
|birthdate||June 20, 2001 (Gemini)|
|height||178cm (5ft 10in)|
|stats (scale of 0-5)||luck 3 / intelligence 3 / popularity 3 / special ability 3 / physical strength 3 / influence 3|
character data sheet
This is a direct translation of the character data sheet from the official GH2 data file CD, with a few extra notes and some minor editing for readability.
|笠原智友 (Kasahara Tomo)||1||A||June 20 (Gemini)|
|height||birthplace||personal pronoun||often seen with|
|178cm (5ft 10in)||Tokyo||俺 (ore)||Yuki|
|club||special skill||specialty subject||reason for being at BL|
|track club (phantom member)||sprinting (hidden: programming)||math||track (supposedly)|
|He had an older brother, but he died in the spring||(hidden: director)||neutral|
|skipping class, napping||boxer briefs||
normal: all other classes
|favorite things||favorite food||dislikes|
|naps, normality||hard candy||annoying things, enthusiasm|
- Even though he finds everything bothersome, he can unconsciously end up being helpful and caring.
- The type to be annoyed by everything except his love interest.
- A person who has a sense of normality even within BL School.
- Makes the witty remarks for Yuki in the jokes where Yuki doesn't, but seems annoyed.
- He explains about the school, but he doesn't talk about himself much. Normal. Easygoing.
|strong point||weak point|
|runs fast, programming ability||not honest with his feelings, pessimistic, has no dreams for the future|
- He cuts corners randomly, he makes his parameters average on purpose.
- He is the school's director. (Technically hiding that he's the director. At the start of the game, only Sakaki, Keita, and Matsuoka know.)
- His older brother was the school's previous director (successor to Kazuki). But, following his brother's wishes, he took office as director in spring.
- In the course of the common route, the student council and Durak find out that he's the director.
- Actually, he has a high IQ, and he excels at computer hacking, but he's hiding it.
|Came from an orphanage. Both brothers had high IQs, but because his older brother was sickly, Tomo was adopted first. (Afterward, his older brother was adopted by a Suzubishi family, and he became the director of BL School as the successor to Kazuki.) The family who adopted him used him as an accomplice in their corporate spying. Since his adoptive parents were arrested when he was in the third year of middle school, he was released into his older brother's custody, but soon after, his brother died of his illness. Tomo followed his brother's wishes and became director.|
|hidden settings (revealed in the course of the story)|
Raised in an orphanage. His older brother was a gentle and talented person, and was rather sickly, and Tomo was cheerful. Tomo was adopted first, but his adoptive family made him help with corporate spying.
Soon after his adoptive parents were arrested, he was contacted by his older brother, who he hadn't heard from in all that time. (His older brother sent frequent letters, but his adoptive parents threw them all away. The platinum paper had been sent from BL School earlier.) But, on his deathbed, his brother told him he wanted Tomo go to BL School and assume the office of director in his stead, and he became director. (Kazuki supported him, but since Kazuki had to be away from Japan, he asked Keita to help the new director in his stead.) At the start of the game, he's only been director for a month.
|hidden settings (not made clear in the course of the story)|
- He used to play with Yuki when they were little.
- He likes lollipops because Yuki gave him one a long time ago.
- Rebelling against his fate of having others decide things for him, he's tried taking an attitude of having nothing to do with other people since coming to BL School.
- Since he feels he's not someone who belongs there, he especially feels a sense of kinship with Yuki who has no special talents.
- He finds everything annoying, skips class, and pretends to have no interest in things, but he's actually lonely inside.
- Since he tries to put on a brave face, he really dislikes other people intruding on his space.