Listen, you guys! I made an incredible discovery yesterday!
|name||岡崎研 (Okazaki Ken)|
|birthdate & age||July 2, 2001 (15 years old)|
|height||165cm (5ft 5in)|
|personal pronoun||ボク (boku)|
|stats (scale of 0-5)|
|fitting in at Bell Liberty|
|special skill||developed a high-dimensional search tool (to communicate with aliens)|
|year||first year student|
|role/affiliation||occult research group / first year class president|
|class sorting||all ultimate (including several second year level classes) except for regular PE|
|best subject||earth science, astronomy|
|closest friend||Yuki, Tomo, Joker|
|favorites & other personal info|
|family||father, mother, is an only child|
|interests||collecting urban legends, channeling|
|favorite things||UFOs, UMAs, everything occult, urban legends, anything using NASA technology|
|dislikes||getting teased for being short|
Okaken is a side character, so he doesn't have an official role in the game's plot. He makes minor appearances in every character route since he's in the same year as Yuki. Okaken plays the role of comic relief and the know-it-all character type who looks down on the super average protagonist.
Okaken is a literal genius, but he tends to apply his knowledge in pointless ways, like attempting to communicate with aliens. He's full of himself and is constantly lording his superior intellect over others, especially Yuki and Tomo. He uses the honorific -kun with them, implying that he's their superior. No one seems to care very much, though, because they know Okaken's a brat. :p
This section contains spoilers.
Spoilers are hidden in a collapsed text box. Click the link below if you want to expand it.
Jokawa Kiyotada - friend (?)
It wouldn't be accurate to say that Okaken and Joker are friends. Rather, Joker is amused by Okaken's urban legends, ghost stories, and other occult information. Joker doesn't believe in any of those things, but he finds the stories (and Okaken's reactions to them) interesting, so he encourages Okaken to share. Bonus points if Chiba happens to be around to get scared by the spooky bits. :3
character data sheet
The following information is a translation of the character data sheet that was provided on the preorder bonus CD. These character sheets are more like lists of random notes than a detailed character profile, so don't expect this to be terribly coherent. :3
Please be aware that these are early development notes and information may differ slightly from the finished game.
strong point: has extensive knowledge
weak point: weak to flattery, obsessed with the occult, misuses his intelligence
- He loves the occult. Once his occult switch turns on, he'll talk forever. Can't take a hint.
- Weak against flattery and he's often used as an errand boy by upperclassmen (Joker's group).
- His pride is being relied on for his knowledge.
- He has lots of weird gadgets (like devices for alien communication or mysterious radar).
- He's smart, but uses his intelligence incorrectly. He should be useful, but is usually derailed and it doesn't go well.
- His favorite things to read are Newton and Mu Magazine (tr note: an occult magazine).
- The prized urban legend (ghost story) he tells is pretty scary. Actually, you might even hear it during the story. His eyes shine when he talks about the occult.
- He was recognized by the school for his search tools he created on his own in order to research UFOs. It has a superb search capability. Depending on the situation, it can even end up bringing up things it shouldn't bring up. (It can even do a high-dimensional search on not just the internet, but include ** frequencies.)
- He is faddish (well-attuned to popular rumors) when it comes to his gadget-mania and the occult.
The reason he's obsessed with the occult is because the dog he had when he was in grade school (Adam, a cavalier spaniel) disappeared under mysterious circumstances.
There was an abandoned factory in the town where he lived in grade school. At school he was told he shouldn't go there, but it was a famous haunted spot and there was no end of those who went in to test their courage. He and a friend discussed that they and the dog should try going in there. Some paranormal phenomenon occurred (like a light descended) and the factory caved in. He doesn't really remember what happened then, but he just remembers his dog saving him from the collapse.
For some reason, he was unhurt, although the cave-in was such that he shouldn't have survived. But at the same time, his dog went missing. Since then, in order to look for clues about his dog, he has concentrated even more on the occult world.