This is the character profile for MY Sakaki. (Er, the one from Ace of Hearts, anyway...) If info exists in canon, then I go with that, but for all the extra details or expansions on the canon material, it's alllll headcanon.
Contains spoilers for my stories but I highly doubt anyone is going to read this anyway. This is for my own fun and reference.
Body and Appearance
1. Describe the character's height and build. Is he heavyset, thin, short, rangy?
Tallish (almost 6ft which is probably ridiculous for a Japanese man) and thin like everyone else in GH2. :p
2. How old is he?
3. Describe his posture. Does he carry himself well or does he slouch?
Good posture, has not been affected by the BL lean, hahaha.
4. How is his health? Is he fit or out of shape? Any illnesses or conditions? Any physical disabilities?
Healthy, fit, no complaints.
5. How does he move? Is he clumsy, graceful, tense, fluid?
Relatively graceful, nothing more noteworthy than a normal, healthy person, though. If anything could be described as "elegant" or whatever, it's the movement of his hands, though I guess that's more "precise" than anything else.
6. How attractive is this character physically? How does he perceive himself in the mirror?
I'm kinda biased so you shouldn't ask me, haha. Clearly the hottest teacher at BL, if you can get past the permanent frown. I think he finds himself reasonably attractive and he takes good care of himself and his appearance. He doesn't really have any complaints about his own body or appearance.
7. Describe his complexion. Dark, light, clear, scarred?
This is a magical fantasy world full of pale dudes who've never seen a pimple, so yeah.
8. Describe his hair: color, texture, style.
Uh. It's this 100% unnatural dark blue color, relatively short though it does get kind of long in the front (epic bangs or something but they're brushed to one side) and it's parted on the right. Shiny lighter blue highlights, haha. It's very soft and smooth, perfect for petting. SO PET IT DAMN YOU
9. What color are his eyes?
A purplish-blue that no real human has ever had. Probably.
10. Does the character have any other noteworthy features?
Amazing eyebrows? Flawless application of black eyeliner? I dunno.
11. What are his chief tension centers?
He's prone to tension headaches, so... his head/temples?
12. What is the character's wardrobe like? Casual, dressy, utilitarian? Bright colors, pastels, neutrals? Is it varied, or does he have six of the same suit?
Ahaha, well, in-game he has like three outfits (and one is just the usual without the random lab coat), and that's dressy work stuff plus some weird track outfit. It's very teacher-y, I guess. His casual clothes are more colorful and stylish - think VERY fitted dress shirts and dark jeans.
13. Do his clothes fit well? Does he seem comfortable in them?
His work clothes are kind of blah, but they're comfortable. His going-out casual stuff is more fitted and less comfortable, but much more flattering. As far as regular casual clothing for hanging around at home, I'm not sure yet, probably similar to the let's-go-on-a-date stuff but more comfy.
14. Does he dress the same on the job as he does in his free time? If not, what are the differences?
Nope, see 12/13 above.
15. You knew it was coming: Boxers, briefs or commando?
Ahaha, WELL. The character profile sheets do have this info on them, but Sakaki's underwear box is blank - it doesn't say "none" or anything, it's just BLANK. Make of that what you will.
1. What does this character's voice sound like? High-pitched, deep, hoarse?
Kinda like sex on a stick, I guess.
2. How does he normally speak? Loud, soft, fast, evenly? Does he talk easily, or does he hesitate?
Relatively loud, very calm and even, somewhat slow and methodical with a touch of condescending sarcasm. (Clearly I've thought about this waaaay too much.) No hesitation.
3. Does the character have a distinct accent or dialect? Any individual quirks of pronunciation? Any, like, you know, verbal tics?
Not that I can tell. Speaks like a typical Japanese man in a position of authority, at least to my ears.
4. What language/s does he speak, and with how much fluency?
Fluent Japanese, probably some English considering his family's business (but not super well, haha).
5. Does he switch languages or dialects in certain situations?
6. Is he a good impromptu speaker, or does he have to think about his words?
Decent, but prefers time to think/plan first.
7. Is he eloquent or inarticulate? Under what circumstances might this change?
Generally eloquent. This gets kinda fucked whenever Yuki is around, especially when he blurts out something unexpected like HEY LET'S GO HAVE SEX IN THAT BATHROOM while they're out somewhere. :p
Mental and Emotional
1. How intelligent is this character? Is he book-smart or street-smart?
Extremely intelligent, but not a genius.
2. Does he think on his feet, or does he need time to deliberate?
He'd prefer time to think things over, but he's pretty good at handling spontaneous situations, at least when dealing with people he's familiar with. Even if they're jerks like his brother. :p
3. Describe the character's thought process. Is he more logical, or more intuitive? Idealistic or practical?
Well, I mean, it's logical, but there's a certain amount of intuition there to link things together that wouldn't normally seem logical or whatever. Like if you asked him to stop and explain how he got from point A to point B, it would make sense, but you'd think it was a weird path to take. And definitely practical.
4. What kind of education has the character had?
Private middle/high school, probably private university, graduated with a master's in math and education.
5. What are his areas of expertise? What, if anything, is he interested in learning more about?
Uh. Math and education. Also school administration, though I'm sure he'd like to learn more about that since I don't think he really had any formal training. He's always reading math journals and articles on educational theory and stuff like that, so he's pretty focused on those things.
6. Is he an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert, probably INTP ...shut up, I know this is bullshit but I'm MBTI certified and I have the manuals so this is fun for me! (Also, I'd guess that Yuki is ENFP.) I like these "problem areas" for INTP, they fit my Sakaki quite well:
~ reject people who think or live differently than themselves
~ may be extremely caustic and insulting to others (ahaha for real)
~ may become isolated from society
~ may unknowingly or uncaringly hurt people's feelings
~ They may be completely unaware of the type of communication that is often desireable and (to some degree) expected in an intimate relationship. If they are aware of the kinds of things that are appropriate to say and do to foster emotional bonding, they may be unable to appreciate the value of such actions. They may feel too vulnerable to express themselves in this fashion (thiiiis), and so reject the entire idea.
7. Describe the character's temperament. Is he even-tempered or does he have mood swings? Cheerful or melancholy? Laid-back or driven?
Generally even-tempered and in control. It takes a lot to make him slip up and react without thinking. Definitely not cheerful, but I wouldn't choose melancholy as the opposite, he's just serious and practical, kind of pessimistic. Very driven at the beginning, but learns to be more laid-back over time.
8. How does he respond to new people or situations? Is he suspicious, relaxed, timid, enthusiastic?
With people, he's suspicious at first and dismissive if they don't meet his expectations... which are unreasonable, so yeah, dismissive. He's not impressed by status and expects people to prove themselves before he'll consider them worthy. New situations, eh, he can adapt well to things but will proceed with caution.
9. Is he more likely to act, or to react?
Think, then act.
10. Which is his default: fight or flight?
Think, then fight. :)
11. Describe the character's sense of humor. Does he appreciate jokes? Puns? Gallows humor? Bathroom humor? Pranks?
Dry and sarcastic, kind of insulting, almost too sharp for most people. Jokes are okay, puns are annoying groaners, gallows humor might be good, toilet humor is waaaaay too childish, and so are pranks.
12. Does the character have any diagnosable mental disorders? If yes, how does he deal with them?
13. What moments in this character's life have defined him as a person?
His father attacking Ren (see relationships Q11 below). Receiving the BL platinum paper, which was useless to him, while his friend who was desperately hoping for it did not. The kiss with Yuki on the school roof. And probably also Nao's death, but not quite as deeply as these other three.
14. What does he fear?
His family, though he'll (almost) never admit to it. Especially the thought of his family finding out about him and Yuki, and using that information to harm both of them. Also... losing Yuki, once he wakes up and realizes that a relationship with a too-old, bitchy, emotionally damaged cranky-ass math teacher is not what he wants in life. (spoiler: he doesn't need to worry about this)
15. What are his hopes or aspirations?
His dream is to create a perfect school where students can reach their full potential, even if they don't exhibit external characteristics that would cause them to be selected to attend a special/elite school.
16. What is something he doesn't want anyone to find out about him?
I AM NOT FUCKING THE STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT I DON'T KNOW WHO TOLD YOU THAT
1. Describe this character's relationship with his parents.
AHAHAHAHA. Ridiculously awful. I think he's basically cut off all contact with his parents at this point ("this point" being the end of his character route since he pretty much gave his entire family the finger toward the end there) but before that, it was limited contact, just enough to keep them off his back. They don't like that he's a teacher (game canon) and they really don't like that he's gay (my headcanon), which has led to nasty arguments in the past. His parents are probably the only people who can push his buttons well enough to make him actually lose control during an argument. (Certainly not his idiot brother, haha)
2. Does the character have any siblings? What is/was their relationship like?
Ha. Ha. Ha. One much older brother, also a shitty relationship. His brother is pushy and hates not getting his own way, and I just don't see Sakaki as the type of guy who would ever go along with his nonsense. I'm sure he kept things as civil as possible for a very long time, but at the moment, it's all gone to hell and he gives zero fucks about it.
3. Are there other blood relatives to whom he is close? Are there ones he can't stand?
I don't think so, though I get the impression that his uncle isn't a BAD guy, just kind of generally rich-dude douchey.
4. Are there other, unrelated people whom he considers part of his family? What are his relationships with them?
Sonodaaaaaaa! Though they are cousins by marriage, of course. They have a good relationship, though it only looks like shallow snarking on the surface. They have very similar personalities and understand each other well, though a lot of things go unsaid because they're too busy being manly about it.
5. Who is/was the character's best friend? How did they meet?
Well, those two friends from middle school (Takuma and Aimi from my stories), but I'm not sure how close they'll be now that he's kind of reunited with them after so long. I haven't planned that far ahead yet. :p For the moment, Sonoda is his best friend, though that's also strained by his relationship with Yuki - Sonoda knows about it, but Sakaki doesn't know that he knows, and Sonoda's kind of pissed about him keeping that secret and keeping Yuki all to himself (he and Yuki are friends, after all) soooo it's complicated. Maybe Yuki's his best friend, haha. ALSO OMG NAO, he was BEST FRENEMIES with Nao before he died. :(
6. Does he have other close friends?
Sakaki gets close to Tomo and Keita as time goes on, especially Tomo since they have to work together so closely. Other than that, I don't think he's super friendly with anyone else, except maybe Matsuoka.
7. Does he make friends easily, or does he have trouble getting along with people?
Lots of trouble getting along with people because of his personality and his general dislike/distrust of others. He's very hard to get close to and holds himself apart from other people. He's not especially lonely because of this, though; he prefers it this way.
8. Which does he consider more important: family or friends?
LOL. Friends. As far as Sakaki is concerned, he doesn't have a family, and he's totally cool with that.
9. Is the character single, married, divorced, widowed? Has he been married more than once?
Single, in a SRS BSNS relationship.
10. Is he currently in a romantic relationship with someone other than a spouse?
Currently dating the most popular boy in school, whoops.
11. Who was his first crush? Who is his latest?
Sato Ren, his middle school classmate who was in the music club, so Sakaki joined the music club too just to have an excuse to spend more time with him. Their innocent feelings for each other were mutual, but when they were caught snuggling during a visit Ren made to Sakaki's house... let's just say it ended badly. Clearly the current crush is Yuuuuukiiiii.
12. What does he look for in a romantic partner?
Well, normally he'd want someone practical and mature, but uh... he has Yuki. :p
13. Does the character have children? Grandchildren? If yes, how does he relate to them? If no, does he want any?
Nope and nope.
14. Does he have any rivals or enemies?
He considers his immediate family to be his enemies. No rivals, he's too amazing to be rivaled by any of the noobs around him.
15. What is the character's sexual orientation? Where does he fall on the Kinsey scale?
Exclusively homosexual, a perfect 6, gold star material, never even kissed a woman and very happy about that, thanks.
16. How does he feel about sex? How important is it to him?
He enjoys sex, but it's not OMG SUPER IMPORTANT. To be honest, Yuki's a bit much for him to keep up with, haha. Before Yuki, he'd easily go months without sleeping with anyone,
17. What are his turn-ons? Turn-offs? Weird bedroom habits?
He LOVES having his hair stroked, but I guess that's more of a cozy/comfort thing because that will put him right to sleep. :3 He's also fond of light tickling/petting, especially behind the ear and on his sides. Kind of gets off on saying Yuki's name (A-sa-hi-naaa). :3 Doesn't like anything too rough or too kinky (loosely tying hands together is about the limit), will not entertain anyone's non-con fantasies (especially with Yuki omg), and prefers a dimly lit or dark room for sex.
1. Do you know your character's astrological (zodiac or Chinese) sign? How well does he fit type?
January 12, 1979, if we go with the calendar in GH2, which must be 2006. So that's Capricorn, or Earth Horse. I've already covered the Capricorn stuff here (spoiler: it fits really well), so let's talk about this Earth Horse thing. Earth traits are serious, logical, intelligent, good with money, talented administrators, disciplined, patient, stubborn, ambitious, and idealistic. So pretty close, though I'd disagree with idealistic, haha, he spends most of his time shooting down the idealists. The Horse traits are hot-tempered, impatient, tends to follow whims, natural romantics, enjoy physical and mental exercise, tend to feel inferior, dislike routine... so, some fit, some don't. (If we wanna be stubborn and assume the game takes place in 2014, the year it was released, then that's a Rabbit - delicate, dislikes arguments, emotional disruption can cause physical illness, friendly, moody, diplomatic... even more nope. XD)
2. Is this character religious, spiritual, both, or neither? How important are these elements in his life?
Neither. Of no importance to him.
3. Does this character have a personal code of morals or ethics? If so, how did that begin? What would it take to compromise it?
Ahaha, "I will not fuck my students" but apparently all it takes is the right student to mess that up. :p
4. How does he regard beliefs that differ from his? Is he tolerant, intolerant, curious, indifferent?
Mostly indifferent/dismissive, a bit intolerant, especially if the beliefs seem illogical or idealistic with no basis in fact. He would totally be the asshole atheist who tells religious people that they're irrational idiots.
5. What prejudices does he hold? Are they irrational or does he have a good reason for them?
Dislikes rich, privileged kids (lol hello Bell Liberty) who expect to have everything handed to them. Tends to think that they're all lazy and don't deserve anything more than what they already have. Kind of irrational as not everyone at the school is like that, and honestly, they're all kids so it's not like they have control over their family situations... and they can't help being talented in one way or another either.
1. What is the character's financial situation? Is he rich, poor, comfortable, in debt?
Comfortable. The game and other sources are always poking fun at his salary, but honestly I think BL has to pay relatively well because it's literally the best school in the country. I mean, part of the "benefits package" of teaching at BL is being able to say HEY BITCHES I TAUGHT AT BL but I think the actual compensation is decent as well. I also think he has some sort of inheritance that was left to him alone (instead of entrusted to his parents cuz then he'd NEVER get it), but he treats it as an emergency fund instead of available cash. It's not a HUGE amount of money but I think it's enough to generate some interest every year, which usually gets reinvested, but if he really wants to splurge, he could use that instead of taking from the balance. So basically, he probably doesn't really need to work, but life would be pretty bare-bones if he didn't.
2. What is his social status? Has this changed over time, and if so, how has the change affected him?
Well, he's the second son of the head of a gigantic business conglomerate, so as a kid he lived the life of the richest of rich bitches, I'm sure. Mansion, servants, private tutors, etc etc. He's definitely living the comfy middle class life now, though, and honestly he prefers it. Freedom is worth more than fancy shit, and Sakaki is too practical to really enjoy that kind of life anyway.
3. Where does he live? House, apartment, trailer? Is his home his castle or just a place to crash? What condition is it in? Does he share it with others?
It's a nice-ish apartment that is (at first anyway) just a place to crash - he usually stays at the BL staff dorm since his work takes so much time that commuting is kind of a waste. Later, as his relationship with Yuki develops, he spends more time there - every weekend, plus some weeknights if he's been having a rough time and needs to recharge. The apartment is super clean and starts out very minimalist in both design and the amount of stuff that's there, but over time, it becomes more homey as Yuki starts leaving things there, and as Sakaki adjusts it to fit both of their personalities a bit more.
4. Besides the basic necessities, what does he spend his money on?
Good food and good booze. Nice clothing. Day/weekend trips all over the country, going to things like food/wine festivals and other "classy" stuff like that, haha. And now that he's with Yuki, he has to feed and entertain that monster. Good luck. :p
5. What does he do for a living? Is he good at it? Does he enjoy it, or would he rather be doing something else?
TEACHER WOOHOO \o/ He loves it, he's very good at it (though a bit too harsh with the students at first, so they might argue that he's NOT a good teacher), and if you fuck with his job, he will cut all the bitches who get in the way.
6. What are his interests or hobbies? How does he spend his free time?
Interests are mostly job-related stuff like teaching methods and keeping up with research (he reads a lot of academic journals and stuff), or doing esoteric math shit for fun like my FIL does. XD He also likes reading the paper, traveling around the country (though only on short day trips), and recently, hanging out with Yuki. Which usually means sex.
7. What are his eating habits? Does he skip meals, eat out, drink alcohol, avoid certain foods?
BOOZE~! I don't think he'd intentionally skip meals but if he gets busy or caught up in something, he might forget to eat sometimes, especially lunch at school (I don't think he's too fond of the staff cafeteria). Pretty much all of his meals are eaten out - no choice while staying at the school, and on weekends or weekdays that he doesn't spend at the staff dorm, he's usually taking Yuki out somewhere to eat. Even before Yuki, though, he'd hang out with Sonoda on weekends, going with him to test out new places or revisit old favorites. Basically, Sakaki can't cook so he doesn't really have a choice. :p I don't think he avoids any particular foods since he grew up a rich bitch and probably ate all sorts of fancy stuff - in fact, he's probably more adventurous than ever now that he spends a lot of time with Sonoda.
Which of the following do you associate with the character, or which is his favorite:
1. Color? dark colors, especially blue and black
2. Smell? whatever that nice cologne is that Yuki can't help sniffing :3
3. Time of day? evening/night
4. Season? winter
5. Book? something serious, idk
6. Music? classical, especially flute (haha abandoned headcanon but this part remains!)
7. Place? the apartment
8. Substance? uh, sake? XD
9. Plant? blue irises
10. Animal? cat cat cat cat cat